My 52 items to complete in the new year. Updated weekly to showcase my progress.
1. Reach my target weight of 85 kg. Need to lose 20 Kg (-1/20).
2. Log a 500 km cumulative walking distance on RunKeeper (302/500)
3. Sign up and run a 5K event.
4. Go for a morning walk at least 3 times a week (183/156)
5. Go to Hong Kong/Macau.
6. Go to Cameron Highlands.
7. Go on a cycling trip to Pulau Ubin with the wife.
8. Go for a trek to Bukit Timah with the wife.
9. Go for a trek to MacRitchie Reservoir Park.
10. Visit LegoLand in Johor Bahru
11. Visit 5 new attractions in Singapore (2/5)
- S.E.A Aquarium – Pictures (6/15)
- St. John’s Island – Pictures (6/22)
12. Spend no more than $5 for lunch for an entire week. Have at least 12 such weeks in the year (2/12).
13. Complete the 52 Week Money Challenge (17/52).
14. Complete the Monthly Money Challenge (4/12).
15. Pay myself $10 for every task completed in this challenge. (1/52)
16. Pay all my Credit Card Debt
Family & Friends
17. Go on intimate date nights with the wife more often. One every month at least (10/12)
- Dinner at Paul (01/10)
- Lunch at Sofra (03/02)
- Dinner at Charlie’s Tapas Bar (03/31)
- Dinner at Trattoria (04/11)
- Dinner and movie (04/17)
- Dinner at Herbivore (07/23)
- Lunch at Viva Mexico and Movie (08/24)
- Dinner at 313 Somerset and movie (09/24)
- Beer Dining at Level 33 (10/21)
- Brunch at Lots Gourmet & Shopping at Orchard (10/19)
18. Get a professional couple photograph taken of the wife and I.
19. Host at least one movie marathon at home.
20. Call/Skype with family back home at least once a week (24/52)
21. Go out with friends at least once a month (11/12)
Hobbies & Interests
22. Go for a photo walk every month (3/12).
- Vietnam (January)
- St. John’s Island (June)
- Krabi (September)
- Orchard Road (December)
23. Submit my photos to a contest.
24. Read 24 books (14/24).
25. Complete the following books before buying any new ones
- A Dance With Dragons
- Shantaram (Read)
- The Wolf Of Wall Street (Read)
- Last Train to Istanbul (Read)
- Trojan Horse (Read)
- Dongri To Dubai
26. Read at least 6 Non-Fiction books (3/6).
27. Write at least 2 blog posts each month (18/24).
28. Additionally blog weekly monthly about the progress of “Gandhi’s 52 Things In 2014 Challenge” (5/52) (5/12)
29. Journal 5 times a week (120/260).
30. Take a selfie every-week (34/52).
31. Create a time-lapse of selfie images. Participate in a 52 week photo challenge (44/52).
32. Go a week without eating any junk food. Have at least 6 such weeks (2/6).
33. Go to bed before 11:00 PM for a week.
34. Don’t stay in the same role at work by the end of the year.
- Moved to another organisation and am now working on the Project Management Team
TV & Movies (This list may grow as we go along)
35. Catch-up/ Complete watching the following TV Shows –
- Boardwalk Empire
- Breaking Bad (07/14)
- Californication (Currently on Season 1)
- Downton Abbey
- Dexter (Currently On Season 7)
- White Collar (Currently On Season 4)
- Burn Notice (Currently On Season 7)
- House Of Cards – UK (Currently on Season 2)
- House Of Cards – US (All Caught up!)
36. Re-Watch all episodes of the following TV shows –
- That 70s Show (Finished on 01/20)
- The Practice (Currently on Season 2)
- The Wonder Years (Currently on Season 3)
- The West Wing (Currently on Season 6)
- Lost (Finished on 04/02)
- Malcolm In The Middle (05/29)
37. Watch 12 new movies released in 2014 (19/12)
38. Watch the following critically acclaimed movies –
- Apocalypse Now (watched on 06/27)
- The Wrestler
- Raging Bull
- Lawrence Of Arabia
- Amadeus (watched on 06/29)
- Annie Hall
- Fargo (watched 02/16)
- Taxi Driver (watched 04/18)
- My Left Foot
- Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels (watched 05/01)
- Trainspotting (watched 01/05)
- The King’s Speech (watched 01/05)
- There Will Be Blood (watched 01/19)
- No Country For Old Men
- Rush (watched 03/23)
- Full Metal Jacket
- Once Upon A Time In America
39. Donate Blood. (6/20)
40. Sell/Donate excess electronics and gadgets
- Sold the old iPad 2 and Galaxy Note 8 tablets
- Sold the entire DSLR kit (01-Sep)
- Sold the Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Sold the HTC One M8
41. Eat at 1 new restaurant every month (14/12).
- PAUL (Jan)
- Sofra (March)
- Rang Mahal (March)
- Jaime’s Italian (April)
- MTR 1924 (April)
- Red Dot Brewhouse (May)
- Mad For Garlic (May)
- Earl Of Hindh (June)
- Herbivore (July)
- PS Cafe Bar& Grill (August)
- Viva Mexico (August)
- Piedra Negra (September)
- Kith Cafe (October)
- Song Of India (October)
42. Watch at least 1 musical.
43. Get a Tattoo.
44. Learn to mix a new cocktail every month (5/12)
- Gin Fizz
- Malibu Sunrise
- Mountain Sunrise
- Bo’s Space Roo
- Orange Margarita
45. Sketch more often.
46. Cook one new recipe each month (8/12).
- Fettuccine with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Two Bean Chilli (no meat)
- Lettuce Onion Relish Ciabatta Sandwich
- Easy Beer Beans
- Mexican Rice
- Bread Upma
- Quick & Easy Ramen
- Stir Fry Noodles
47. Learn to play poker
48. Learn to make mulled wine.
Purchases & Collections
49. Get a Mac Mini (Gifted by the wife on my birthday!!!)
50. Build Blu Ray disc collection with one new addition each month (9/12).
- Saving Private Ryan
- Annie Hall
- Shahrukh Khan Blockbusters Volume 2
- Classics Forever Yash Chopra
- Lawrence of Arabia
- P.S. I Love You
- Meet Joe Black
51. Upgrade to a new DSLR camera body.
- Got a Fujifilm X-E2 mirrorless camera in September
52. Make a new List for 52 Things in 2015 Challenge!